Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:
Me, the Boston Pobble: Indiana Jones wanna-be, city girl, carnie-at-heart; Lithus: helicopter pilot, partner in crime, best friend, husband;
Various: mechanics, employers, companies and locals we are lucky enough to meet along the way.

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Modesto, CA



Really no need to caption that one, is there?

We've been in Modesto for so long that neither My Favorite nor I remember off the tops of our heads. For fire season, that's a long-ass time. But because of COVID-19, we're still not doing a lot. Didn't get to see the grandkids or the other set of grandparents that we really like, even though they're less than an hour away. Not going shopping or to movies or even out to many dinners. Which means I don't have as many stories about Modesto as I normally would a place we've been long enough to forget when we got here. 
Still...

The hotel is nice...
More and more, I'm a Marriott fan

I've written already that it's the best place we've been so far, in spite of the grab and go breakfast cakes. There is some information further down in this post that may make you question that. Trust that neither of them change how much I love this hotel.

There are really pretty flowers...
See? Really pretty flowers

And a Motel 6 right across the street...
The fighting and sirens keep us from being homesick for Philly

And since it's right around the 4th of July, we get to play "Fireworks or Gunfire?" Always a good time!

Then there's this store, just a few doors away from the Motel 6...
Cookies

Now, as someone who doesn't eat a lot of sugar, and doesn't even struggle with it, I admit, living this close to a Cookie Monster colored cookie shop has been a bit of a challenge. In fact, the only reason I haven't gone in is because I am doing a 3-week-no-dessert-or-sugar-no-my-friend-not-even-ice-cream-because-that-was-your-rule challenge with a friend who needed some accountability and support.

Well, folks, I am grateful for that challenge. Not just because I have access to tres leches at the store every damn day, but because it turns out the cookie shop isn't a cookie shop. Nope. Pot store. Right there. Big, blue pot store. And it's been a long time since college. 

See? Not much happening. But sometimes, there's not much happening.

The adventure continues, even when it's dull...

Ps ~ My Favorite has just informed me that we arrived here on June 25th. In case you were wondering. 😉

No comments: