Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:
Me, the Boston Pobble: Indiana Jones wanna-be, city girl, carnie-at-heart; Lithus: helicopter pilot, partner in crime, best friend, husband;
Various: mechanics, employers, companies and locals we are lucky enough to meet along the way.

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Coalinga Hotels

A long time ago, I wrote that I needed to take pictures of hotel lobbies and window views. It was a good idea then; it's a good idea now. But when you end up in three hotels over the course of four room shifts in a little over a week, it's best to just combine them.

The post immediately preceding this one showed you the...interesting...hotel we started with in Coalinga. So, imagine our surprise when it got this much better:



MUCH better



See?

This was the view from our private balcony

Sadly, after staying three nights there, we all had to move for a night. We made reservations to come back here after that one night, though. 

This time, thank goodness, there were rooms available at the national chain. Luckily for us, it looked better on the inside than on the out. When the co-pilot and I met in the space between our rooms, I said, "It's better on the inside, I promise." To which he gave me the most skeptical "ooo-kaaaay..." I've heard in a long time.
You can't tell, but that building is under serious external construction

                                                 
The pleasant surprise inside

Until I turned on the TV and found this. Coalinga is just flat-out haunted. You can't tell me otherwise.

                                             

By the time My Favorite got home, the issue had been resolved, so we could flip through channels and find non-creepy people. In fact, I was beginning to wonder if we should all just stay put, when I had to call him out of the shower to come get the really big, furry spider. No, there's not a picture (what's wrong with you people???) and no, I didn't suggest we all just stay.

We went back to the nice hotel. While we all ended up downgraded in terms of rooms, there were no spiders to be seen while I was there.



Spider-free hotel rooms are the best kind of hotel rooms

                                      
And even with the downgrade, the place still looked like this:

                                      


And allowed us to have dinner here:
                                                                                         
                                             

Honestly, there's not a lot to draw a person to Coalinga in its own right, but if you happen to be in California and in the area, this place is an oasis in the literal desert.

No comments: