Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:
Me, the Boston Pobble: Indiana Jones wanna-be, city girl, carnie-at-heart; Lithus: helicopter pilot, partner in crime, best friend, husband;
Various: mechanics, employers, companies and locals we are lucky enough to meet along the way.

Friday, July 3, 2020

Backing Up a Bit—My Favorite at Work

I realized something this morning. There is A LOT missing from this blog. Some of it happened before I started writing it. Some of it happened while I was writing it, but I just never wrote it. Some of it happened between the time I shut down and now.

So, I'm going to back up a bit, capture some images and stories that aren't here, and relive some moments. I'm also using it as an excuse to fangirl over My Favorite.

He fights fires. He logs. He does construction. He works on power lines. He moves people between power lines. He transports people from one place to another. He does search and rescue. He performs recoveries. He has flown tours in Hawaii, worked on a tuna boat in the South Pacific, been with researchers in the Arctic, and helped with clean-up in the immediate aftermath of Katrina. 

One of my favorite stories (that I was around for) happened while he was in Mexico. I was still stateside because of a deadline, but his gig had started so he headed across the border. They were flying the federales into the jungle looking for drugs and drug dealers, when they found tons of the stuff. Tons. So, being good federales, they set it on fire to destroy the crop.

Since it was going to take some time and he had cell service, he called me. We talked for about 20 minutes when I realized...he was giggly. Not laughing, not joking. Giggling. When I asked him where he was, he looked around and then he realized. Needless to say, he moved upwind. 

This is what it looks like sometimes when he flies...


His version of texting and driving




In spite of what the name tag says, don't ever call him Dave. He hates that





Maintenance Test Flight with my favorite mechanic

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. This is what he does. And while there are a handful of people who do it as well, nobody does it better.



The adventure continues...