Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:
Me, the Boston Pobble: Indiana Jones wanna-be, city girl, carnie-at-heart; Lithus: helicopter pilot, partner in crime, best friend, husband;
Various: mechanics, employers, companies and locals we are lucky enough to meet along the way.

Saturday, October 2, 2021

October 2, 2021

I feel a little Dr. Whovian (the ninth, thankyouverymuch!) jumping around time like this but hey - welcome to my world!

When we left Yakima to return to CA and we all parted with a “see you in a couple days!” My Favorite and I ended up back in La Verne (with a stop for me in OR with the Talent Annex of the family), on stand-by “for a week.” That week turned into almost two, turned into “we’re sending you home on October 1” turned into “Wait! We need you in Napa for 12 days, starting tomorrow.”

Now, that kinda sucked because mentally, we had ended the season. My Favorite had asked for and been a given a day off (he was, technically, still on stand-by) for us to go to Disneyland. Aaaaaaaaand never mind. 

The nice part of it was we got a 7-hour road trip together. At one point, he even drove so I could get some work done. (My computer has a nice battery life, apparently, and I can work in the car verrrrry caaaaaarefully. Who knew????).

Which finally landed us, not in Napa proper but only about 10 minutes away, in American Canyon, CA. Just last night, I learned how close we are to water (just behind the Safeway!!!! {a nationwide grocery store chain}) so hopefully there will be more pictures. For now, though....



Not quite sure what they were going for with the spheres on the wall.
What they got was disease. I can 99% guarantee "let's put
disease on the wall!" was not part of the design meeting. Also, I think was an art trend here in CA at some point, because it's not the first time I've seen these holes-in-nature-y, disease-looking things on a hotel wall.

The view from our window. I love this tree. Best view
all season, very seriously.


See the shade there? I can't help but wonder if maintenance
changes it every season. I kinda hope they do, even as I realize
that would be a hell of a lot of work.

 And the adventure continues...

No comments: