Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:
Me, the Boston Pobble: Indiana Jones wanna-be, city girl, carnie-at-heart; Lithus: helicopter pilot, partner in crime, best friend, husband;
Various: mechanics, employers, companies and locals we are lucky enough to meet along the way.

Friday, October 1, 2021

Missoula, MT ~ 2021

Going back a bit... a few posts ago, I was en route from La Verne, CA to Missoula, MT, by way of...somewhere pretty in Idaho.

I have no idea why this loaded sideways; it's right-side up on my camera.

Full disclosure: I am a screaming liberal. Burn the shit down; universal income, education, and health care; dismantle the system of whiteness; stand with women of color; liberal. In high school, we took a test to see where our political leanings were and I came back Marxist. No shit.

Which makes certain states...difficult...for me. I am very good at keeping my head down and my mouth shut (rotor wing aviation is notoriously conservative ~ think Trump banners on trailers and veiled threats around talking about liberal ideologies during the Trump years) but I still don't enjoy it.

So, when we got to Missoula and found an inclusive, BLM, gender-equality type o' town, we were thrilled. If you ever need or want to go to Montana, I highly recommend Missoula. No matter who you are. 


Since I tend to remember lobbies, let's start there:

Yes, I have already forgotten what hotel this is. But I remember the
lobby and the very fine cow chairs.

But I absolutely remember the ice cream. Place called Big Dipper Ice Cream. This is Sumerian coffee ice cream with dark chocolate dip, and cardamom ice cream ~ seriously, cardamom ~ with chocolate dip and nuts. Go to Missoula for ice cream. It's worth it.




We found a truly lovely restaurant called Scotty's Table. I wish we'd gotten pictures of the food. You'll just have to trust it was amazing. So, afterward, we went for a walk. 



See? Go to Missoula. So pretty!

 

But while we were on our lovely dinner, lovely walk, holy-crap-this-might-be-a-date-night-in-the-middle-of-fire-season evening. his phone rang. As it is wont to do. Next stop, Kalispell.




And the adventure continued.

No comments: