Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:
Me, the Boston Pobble: Indiana Jones wanna-be, city girl, carnie-at-heart; Lithus: helicopter pilot, partner in crime, best friend, husband;
Various: mechanics, employers, companies and locals we are lucky enough to meet along the way.

Friday, September 24, 2021

More Yakima 2021

This is why I stopped writing this blog in the first place. Life moves very fast, I have a great job that keeps me very busy, and it's simply hard for me to keep up. I started writing this on Sept. 15. It's now Sept. 24 and everything is different. 

The other day, I sent Elder a text: Still in Yakima. That’s it. That’s the update. 
But we are, indeed, still here. So, let's get it captured before we move on...

The drive from Kalispell is about eight hours, so, technically, farther than I'm supposed to go in one sitting any longer (more on that soon, I promise), but not really long enough to break it up, either. I made the push ~ obviously.


The first hotel had...interesting neighbors.






So, we moved. Nicer hotel. Neighbors I was far more comfortable with.


The green vehicles are a Hot Shot crew

Plus a hotel bar. Because when work looks like this:

And this:


...it's nice to have a beer with the guys (in air conditioning) just a couple feet away from your room.
   
                                                 

Yakima wasn't a bad little town. It's much bigger than it used to be. It has a farmers market, with gorgeous flowers ~ both bought at the market and living at the airport.





Bought at the market


Living at the airport (the picture doesn't do justice to
the fact that this flower is made of black velvet)


And a pleasant surprise from central Washington...



All in all, happy for the month in Yakima.



And it continues....

 

No comments: