Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:
Me, the Boston Pobble: Indiana Jones wanna-be, city girl, carnie-at-heart; Lithus: helicopter pilot, partner in crime, best friend, husband;
Various: mechanics, employers, companies and locals we are lucky enough to meet along the way.

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Breakfast or...?

First, we are thrilled with our current hotel here in Modesto. Clean, oh so comfortable, dealing with COVID in a graceful way that keeps safety first and customer service a very very close second.

That being said....

COVID has changed a lot of things, including many hotels’ free breakfast, and it’s no different here. Instead of having the pre-COVID* breakfast offerings, they’ve gone to a bagged, grab-and-go option. The first morning here, we hadn’t gotten to the grocery store yet, so I grabbed one.

Breakfast of champions: basically a strawberry newton and chocolate cake. 



The world’s smallest piece of fresh fruit. Yes, it was whole but I forgot to take a picture before I peeled it. One section has been removed.


We’ve since made it to the grocery store. 🤣

The adventure continues...

* I originally wrote “normal” but I suspect this is going to be the new normal.

1 comment:

CrowMother said...

I have stopped using the word Normal altogether. I don't recognize this world at all any more, sometimes for better, mostly for worse, but I think it's going to be a long time before we settle in to Normal of any kind. *sigh* I will miss free hotel breakfast.