Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:
Me, the Boston Pobble: Indiana Jones wanna-be, city girl, carnie-at-heart; Lithus: helicopter pilot, partner in crime, best friend, husband;
Various: mechanics, employers, companies and locals we are lucky enough to meet along the way.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Round Trip Tickets

The rotorwing aviation industry here in the States is...fluid, shall we say. There's always more work. There's always another gig. There are always promises. And then comes the phrase "well, you know how this industry is..."

The schedule may be, officially, two weeks on, two weeks off, but until you actually get back to the gig, you don't really trust it. We once rushed to get back to work after Thanksgiving with family, just to be told not only was work not starting the next day but there was no work for winter at all and maybe things would start back up again in April or May.

This time? Lithus has round trip tickets. He is scheduled to leave Richfield, Utah on September 18th and return to Richfield, Utah on October 1st.

I'm so excited I can hardly stand myself. I almost didn't post this, because I didn't want to jinx it. Round trip tickets. What will they think of next...

2 comments:

MikeC said...

I've lost track. Are you back in New Orleans? Or will you be soon?

BostonPobble said...

Mike ~ I, too, am still in Richfield. But home SOON! :)