Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:
Me, the Boston Pobble: Indiana Jones wanna-be, city girl, carnie-at-heart; Lithus: helicopter pilot, partner in crime, best friend, husband;
Various: mechanics, employers, companies and locals we are lucky enough to meet along the way.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Another Musical Interlude

Anyone who spent any time in cowboy country can tell you, there is a difference between country music and cowboy music. While I have talked about the fact that country is alive and well here in Richfield, I haven't yet mentioned that cowboy music isn't exactly gone in these parts. The steakhouse here in town is a walk down memory lane. Curiously, the stereo system has a handwritten sign reading "Do NOT Change this music!" so perhaps I am not the only one who finds it anachronistic. Still, allow me to share with you the songs I have recognized in the two meals we've eaten there. As to why I recognize them? Well, apparently going to school in Texas kindergarten through third grade made an impact after all.


Because no talk about cowboy music would be legit without Tex Ritter.




Okay, I admit, that one I know from Col. Potter listening to it on M*A*S*H, not from elementary school.


 That one was another of Col Potter's favorites, but I also know it from school.



And my favorite (this version chosen for Denny, and because Johhny Cash) ~


More than anything else, though, I'm surprised that I knew the titles and many of the lyrics to all of these.

2 comments:

Grandma Carol said...

Ghost Riders in the Sky - Vaughn Monroe. (1949 - the Best!)

BostonPobble said...

Grandma Carol ~ I came very close to using the Monroe version. It is the original and the classic, after all. But in the end, Johnny won out, just because he's Johnny.