Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:
Me, the Boston Pobble: Indiana Jones wanna-be, city girl, carnie-at-heart; Lithus: helicopter pilot, partner in crime, best friend, husband;
Various: mechanics, employers, companies and locals we are lucky enough to meet along the way.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Of Porcupines and Other Stuff

The other day, I was informed by our mechanic that there was a porcupine "out back" and did I want to see it. Oh hell yes.  This is where it got interesting.

First, I admit it; I was expecting to see something like this:










Instead, I saw something like this:
(Ed. note ~ this is not my porcupine, nor is it my photograph. Thanks to whomever took it.)












And "out back" was down here:

Can you tell that there's a hill ~ a tree-y, weed-y, rock-y hill ~ before you get to the bottom flat-for-Alaska part where the porcupine was reported to be? Well there is.








Plus, by this time, said porcupine was poofed out and pointy because of the bipedal interlopers wanting his picture when, really, he was just enjoying an early evening perambulation. So, I decided to stay where I was, enjoying looking at him, and not worry about getting close enough for a picture.

But I did find flowers:





And moose poop:

So, it wasn't a total photographic loss. Because seriously...moose poop.

4 comments:

nRT said...

Moose poop looks like CoCo Puffs!
My mothers dog had 2 run ins with a Porcupines in Maine a few years back, her dog had to be put under anesthesia to remove the quills. The bars are big and so painful to remove.
Enjoying your new blog.
nancy

BostonPobble said...

nRT ~ Close, but bigger. Think nickel-sized rather than CoCo Puff size. And I *knew* there was a reason I left the porcupine alone once it got poofy. Glad you like it here.

Nemeria said...

Moose Poop! Now that's just fun to say.

Gay Soldier's Husband said...

Did you know that porcupines climb trees? I never woulda believed it until I actually saw one cruising around up there...