Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:
Me, the Boston Pobble: Indiana Jones wanna-be, city girl, carnie-at-heart; Lithus: helicopter pilot, partner in crime, best friend, husband;
Various: mechanics, employers, companies and locals we are lucky enough to meet along the way.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth of July Randomness

In light of the holiday, I thought I would spend a little time outside today. Enjoy summer. All that happy crap. So, I grabbed my camera and out I went. Sadly, I still haven't gotten close enough to the porcupine to capture him on film/digital/whatever it is in my camera now. Here's what I did get:











Really beautiful, fake looking clouds. And a mysterious looking ball thingy. Given that we are on a decommissioned Air Force base and it is so obviously not Epcot, I can't help but wonder what is/once was hidden in there.

The coolest birdhouse ever. Complete with denizen.


















This...metal...wire...thing...attached to the fire hydrant. I got nothing here, people. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

And my personal favorite. Can't quite see it? Here:
Kinda makes you want to get on that bus and ride, just to see where you end up, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The golf-ball looking thingy is, I *think* Doppler radar. The wire on the fire hydrant is so the snow plows know where the hydrant is when the snow is just that deep (they have them in Boston, too, dearie.) Orrr...it may be the alien antennae have deployed around the country to signal the impending invasion--your choice. :D

-slick (Cats' sister-in-law)

king M (friend of slick) said...

the thingie on the fire-hydrant - useful when they send people out when it snows to dig out the fire hydrants in case they're needed.

Gay Soldier's Husband said...

Yes, they're right about the metal and golf ball thingies. Now you know how high the snow gets, lol...