Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:
Me, the Boston Pobble: Indiana Jones wanna-be, city girl, carnie-at-heart; Lithus: helicopter pilot, partner in crime, best friend, husband;
Various: mechanics, employers, companies and locals we are lucky enough to meet along the way.

Sunday, February 27, 2022

02/22/2022





At midnight on 02/22/2009, My Favorite and I stood in our living room and got married. It was the best decision either one of us has ever made.

This year, since we couldn’t really celebrate in 2020 or 2021, we decided to do something a little nice. It turned into a comedy of errors (def: when so many little things go wrong, it finally becomes funny). 

First, the hotel where we made the reservation didn't have housekeeping... or room service... or an open cocktail bar. So we canceled.

But still wanted to do something nice. So, we looked at going to D.C. My Favorite has never been, and if anyone needs to see the National Air and Space Museum, it's him. Only the Air and Space Museum was closed until March. 

So we looked at a train ride. Didn't want to go north because, February. How about south? All Amtrack trains going south from Philadelphia were canceled.

NYC. My go-to hotel in Times Square where I've been staying for nearly 20 years? Closed in January.

Atlantic City ~ the only rooms that had what we wanted (and we could afford) were smoking rooms.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???????

Finally, we found a painting:

Great Painting

and decided we'd have a nice dinner and gift that to ourselves.

Only, on the morning of our anniversary, I admit, I was sad. I had really wanted to do something special this year ~ and we'd had it in our hands, so we thought. Now, here's the thing about My Favorite. I'm his favorite, too. Which means he really doesn't like seeing me sad.

Next thing I know, he says "Can you pack an overnight bag?"

Folks, the answer to that is always yes. Always. So, I packed an overnight bag. He took me to the Hotel Palomar, here in Philly. 

Being the lightweight (someone who gets drunk very easily off of very little alcohol) that I am, it only took me a small glass of Bailey's (a creamy, coffee alcohol) to ask if we could extend our room one more night, and stay the two nights of the original, original plan.

We agreed to skip the painting and buy a second night at the hotel, instead. I love that painting, but wow, we made the right decision!



Aforementioned Hotel Palomar


The room



The view from the window

Hotel Lobby Ben Franklins



 

Hotel Lobby Climbing Dudes





The Bathroom






No, seriously... The Bathroom


For those of you who wanted food pictures, I'm so sorry! Blogger is fighting me on those. I'm letting Blogger win. This time.

And now, we're in our 14th year. Life is good.

No comments: