Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:
Me, the Boston Pobble: Indiana Jones wanna-be, city girl, carnie-at-heart; Lithus: helicopter pilot, partner in crime, best friend, husband;
Various: mechanics, employers, companies and locals we are lucky enough to meet along the way.

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Halloween in Philadelphia

One of My Favorite's and my favorite holiday, in a statement that will surprise absolutely no one, is Halloween. This year, we made it to the Eastern State Penitentiary. It was awesome!






Naturally, the first room was the spider room. There's one in every Halloween attraction, so I wasn't surprised. Just kept my head down and let My Favorite guide me through. And, it being the first room meant I was done with the spider room and could enjoy myself! YAY!

They sign everything reasonably well, and that allowed us to avoid the stuff they marked as scary. They also gave out the long, thin glowy things you can wear around your neck for people who wanted a more "intense" experience. We opted out of that one. And I have to give the staff credit. At the beginning, there were three people ahead of us with the glowy necks and five people behind us. And there in the middle were the two of us, with perfectly unglowy anything. I knew we would have to break away from the group before we were left alone. There was no way to isolate two in a group of ten. But you know what? They did it. We were left completely alone, while the eight people around us...weren't. One cast member even got into My Favorite's ear, dropped his voice, and whispered "is she okay? We can take her out if she needs." To which he replied I was fine, just didn't like spiders and would be good once we were through this room. Dude straightened up and went right back into character.

There were snacks available, but nothing that was quite our style.


We went with VIP tickets. 


That got us access to the Vampire bar and Al Capone's Speakeasy. 

The vampires and I loved each other. 









The speakeasy was set up with cells where you could just sit, live vocalists, and a checker board using bottle caps for pieces. 
















 My Favorite and I have danced in the ruins of a penitentiary to music from the 1920s. Life is good ~ and the adventure continues.

No comments: