Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:
Me, the Boston Pobble: Indiana Jones wanna-be, city girl, carnie-at-heart; Lithus: helicopter pilot, partner in crime, best friend, husband;
Various: mechanics, employers, companies and locals we are lucky enough to meet along the way.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Medford Post Script

I have written about my wedding rings before: The Wedding Rings Story

Both of those rings were bought at the same department store, the original at the Vancouver, WA location, the upgrade at the Salem, OR location. 

But here is My Favorite's frustration ~ he has never liked either of the rings. As much as I loved them, he has never been satisfied. He has always wanted me to have diamonds.

I never wanted diamonds.

My ex-husband gave me a freaking rock. It was undeniably gorgeous. But he's my ex-husband and I realized that the diamond thing just wasn't worth it. Especially not when there are so many other beautiful gemstones. Just look at the garnets My Favorite has kept me in all this time.

Until one day, it finally dawned on me, he wanted to make the statement to the world that I was this valuable to him. That, if I like it or not, this is one of the ways the world judges a relationship. So, about five years ago, I conceded the diamond ring.

But we still weren't in a place to get me one, because I had made it clear that if I was going to give up my garnet rock, I wanted a diamond ring that was worth it. Otherwise, I was quite happy, thankyouverymuch.

We've been in Medford. The department store has a Medford location. And My Favorite decided it was time.



I've got the love of my absolute favorite person, ever. Oh, I've also got a really nice ring. That, yes, I really, really love. *squee*

No comments: