Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:
Me, the Boston Pobble: Indiana Jones wanna-be, city girl, carnie-at-heart; Lithus: helicopter pilot, partner in crime, best friend, husband;
Various: mechanics, employers, companies and locals we are lucky enough to meet along the way.

Monday, April 21, 2014

How to Sound Pretentious...

...in One Easy Lesson.

As anyone who knows me will tell you, I'm really okay sounding pretentious. I do, however, prefer to plan on it and do it intentionally. Not like yesterday in the customs line.

When Lithus and I got down to the sorting section, there was a line for Canadians and a line for non-Canadians. So, we split up. Once in my non-Canadian line, I asked an official if, for future reference, my Canadian husband and I could go through the same line. Yes, we could. Either line, actually, whichever is shortest. I just can't use the kiosks on the Canadian side. Excellent. And thank you.

At which point, the lovely American couple behind me started up a conversation...

LAC: Is this your first time to Canada?
Pobble: Oh, no.
LAC: Just the first time traveling with your husband?
Pobble: Oh, no. We just usually clear customs through the FBO.
LAC: What's the FBO?
Pobble: The part of the airport set up for private aircraft.
LAC: Oooohhhhhh...


Ah well.

No comments: