Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:
Me, the Boston Pobble: Indiana Jones wanna-be, city girl, carnie-at-heart; Lithus: helicopter pilot, partner in crime, best friend, husband;
Various: mechanics, employers, companies and locals we are lucky enough to meet along the way.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

But It *Is* A Dry Heat

I missed a memo. That's the only thing I can figure. We've been in Arizona almost a week now, and I have just now figured out that when locals tell me I should be miserable in the heat, I need to agree that I am, I am. It is horrible. Hellish. I am indeed miserable.

And don't get me wrong: It's fucking hot. 100 degrees, 108 degrees...yeah, it's hot. But so is New Orleans. Shhhh....just don't say that too loudly. I am actually incredibly grateful Lithus and I are acclimated to 90+ degree temperatures with 75+% humidity, so we aren't completely dying here, because it is indeed hot. We just...aren't hot enough? Or something?

Regardless, I've learned. YES! Yes, it is hot and I am miserable! Miserable, miserable, miserable ~ and so grateful I'm used to it being hot. ;)







1 comment:

MikeC said...

And even with the heat there is something mystical and powerful about that desert environment.